Sunday, October 16, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday: Lizzie (another from my dusty notebook) #sixsunday


This week I dipped back into the old notebook and pulled out six sentences from a story I had started about a nanny who is forced to figure out what to do with her young change afer her parents are killed in a car wreck.

Always love to hear what you think.  Enjoy :)

Lizzie came downstairs, a barely restrained whirlwind of lace and bows, begging Nancy to help tie the laces on her new shoes. 'I know how,' her little voice vowed. She'd only recently been taught, but in her impish excitement to be off on their adventure had forgotten.

With a shake of her head and a teasing 'tsk tsk', Nancy fastened the laces with a secure double knot and stood, looking down at Lizzie's flushed face. "Shall we be off young lady? Or maybe you'd rather stay inside today?"

6 comments:

  1. Some great description here. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I can totally see this scene. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you always know how to tug at the heartstrings. I say that because I have a feeling that soon, Lizzie's going to find out some terrible news - judging by the background you gave us. Nice six! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that story. you posted it once, way back when...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute :) I loved the 'whirlwind of lace and bows' image :)

    ...though you did use 'laces' three times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heheh - nice catch. Didn't notice that.

    ReplyDelete