Saturday, October 8, 2011

Book Review: The Glass Man by Jocelyn Adams

The Glass Man (A Lila Gray Novel, #1)The Glass Man by Jocelyn Adams


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What a fantastic ride!

Lila Gray is snarky, sarcastic and ballsy. A winning combination for any leading lady to my thinking. A lover of both fairy tales and fantasy, The Glass Man delivered in spades. Ms. Adams gives us a wonderfully detailed glimpse into her dystopian world while still holding true to the established lore surrounding the fae and their societal structures.

Lila's "hunter" and nemesis, Parthalan is sexy, dark and devious. *licks lips* I guy you really hate to love. While his pain loving sidekick, Rourke is the perfect blend of powerful foe and twisted lunatic. I think he just might be my favorite character in the novel, aside from Lila, of course.

Toss in Lila's love interest, Liam--a brooding farmer with a secret--and let the sparks fly.

I try not to toss in story details when I write my reviews to avoid spoiling anything for the readers. You will just have to get this one for yourself to see how it all comes together. Suffice to say, I loved this novel and highy recommend it for anyone. It is a must read for any lover of fantasy or romance.

About the only negative I could mention was the fact that it came to an end. If I didn't know there were at least two more Lila Gray novels to come from Jocelyn Adams, I might just be upset about that.

Author Info:
Jocelyn Adams website: http://www.joceadams.com/
Twitter: @JocelynAdams
Publisher: http://jtaylorpublishing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment