Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March: In Like a Lion

Or so the saying goes.  Welp, the Good News Train is marching through my life this March.

First, my cousin Gary John Mercer, just returned from a tour in Afghanistan safe and sound, and that is cause for celelbration in its own right.

From a writer perspective, I have had two fantastic things happen this month.

The first of those is learning that a short story I wrote has been accepted for inclusion in an anthology to be published this year. I had been somewhat relucatant to post about it on my blog (and used a pen name) as the story genre is erotic horror. NOT for everyone--certainly not my kids. Even the cover is too racy for PG rated audiences.  For those that do enjoy that sort of story -- and of course it was damned good--there is a link on the right side of my blog under publications to the website where it will be available for purchase once it is complete.

The anthology also features offerings from two of the ladies in my favorite critique group. (Stella Berkley and Lila Shaw) Check them out.

The other bit of good news, I just got this evening.  A short story I wrote placed 2nd in a contest with about fifty entries. *BIG SMILES* Very excited about that. The honor came with a small monetary prize, which is an added bonus.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to post it here or on my website or hold onto it and see if I can submit it to a magazine or something of that nature. I know one thing for sure.  The future is looking bright these days.

It must be spring!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for bright sunshine and flowers and writing success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, way to go, Becca!!! This is most definitely THE year for the Sisterhood of the Travelling...Pens. ;)

    ReplyDelete