Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nanowrimo, anyone?

November is fast approaching, and it is getting close to the chaos of Nanowrimo's annual fiction writing event.  I participated last year, and did manage to get about 20k words done for what has become The Machenwood Chronicles (my current WIP).  Didn't "win", but in a way I did, since I did manage to get a good start on a story that I think has some great potential for publication down the road (like when I actually finish it).

I am planning to give it a go again this year, but working on something different--though I have literally no clue what at this point.  I have a few more weeks to come up with some sort of plotline.  Anyway, thinking about it got me curious.

Is anyone else planning on participating in Nanowrimo this year?

4 comments:

  1. hi Rebecca :) *waves* i'm planning on doing nanowrimo as well this year. it will be my first try though. congrats on your 20k words last year :) that's pretty amazing! best luck on it this year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you :) If you want to buddy up on the nano site, my name there is rebelhart69

    Let the madness begin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't decided yet. Last year I started and managed almost 40k before I couldn't take the pressure anymore. *grin* it's rather embarrassing to say "the end" so close to the finish line, but the story was taking on a complete mind of its own and it decided it wanted to be WAY longer that 50k. It's not the one I'm working on right now, but I can't wait to start working on it again. If I do Nano again this year I'll be working on a companion book to the one I did last year... not exactly a sequel because the characters will basically all be new, but it would be interesting to work on. However, I just really want to get my other WIP, Eldrei, finished so badly that I don't think I'll even try nano this year.

    Good luck with it though! *thumbs up* :D

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya, Nichole. I thought about forgoing the whole thing this year, being I've had Machenwood on the brain for close to 6 months and it's still not close to half finished (12 chapters done, untold number to go).

    I have hit a bit of a plot wall with it and I am really hoping spending my energies elsewhere for a bit will help spark some new ideas.

    ReplyDelete